About Huntsman Heroes
Huntsman Heroes are dedicated supporters and athletes of all levels, from Utah and beyond, who share the same commitment and goal of a cancer-free future. Participants train, fundraise, and participate in a variety of events including Huntsman Cancer Foundation's signature athletic event, Huntsman SportsFest, and several local running and cycling official partner events. Individuals can also join Huntsman Heroes as a "Virtual Hero" to participate in a different event from wherever they are. The best part? One hundred percent of funds raised support groundbreaking cancer research at Huntsman Cancer Institute.
As a thank-you for your commitment and dedication to raising money for Huntsman Cancer Institute, we provide you with the following:
- No partner event fee: we cover costs with official Huntsman Hero partner events
- Guaranteed event entry: skip the lottery—our team has guaranteed entry to events like Little Red Riding Hood and LoToJa
- Weekly trainings for running and cycling: meet with team coaches who set up training routes and provide course support
- Exclusive Huntsman Heroes team jersey: for those who raise at least $500
- Personal fundraising webpage: reach your fundraising goal by collecting and tracking donations online
- Additional fundraising incentives: team jackets, HCF bib shorts, and more!
- Finish line VIP tent (Salt Lake City Marathon, Ogden Marathon, and Little Red): celebrate your finish with food, drinks, and massages
As a member of the Huntsman Heroes team, you agree to raise a minimum amount based on your event and distance. Don’t worry, fundraising is easier than it seems! We have lots of tips and tools in our fundraising toolkit to help you go above and beyond your goal.
- 5Ks and 10Ks: $250 fundraising minimum
- Half-marathons, full marathons, and cycling events (excluding LoToJa): $500 fundraising minimum
- Relay: $500 fundraising minimum per relay rider
- Full distance: $1,000 fundraising minimum per cyclist
Note: Huntsman Cancer Foundation signature events (including Huntsman SportsFest and Park City PowderFest) do not have minimum fundraising requirements to participate, but fundraising is always encouraged!
Huntsman SportsFest is an athletic fundraising event organized and put on by Huntsman Cancer Foundation staff. Each year, thousands of community members, including friends and family, corporate partners, and Huntsman Cancer Institute employees, come together to fundraise and walk, run, or ride against cancer. All participants pay a registration fee, and while there is no fundraising minimum to participate in the event, but it is always encouraged!
Huntsman Heroes Partner Events
Huntsman Cancer Foundation has developed offcial partnerships with a variety of local running and cycling events, which allows us to offer benefits like guaranteed entry, payment of event entry fee, and on-site celebrations for our team. These include:
- Salt Lake City Marathon: April 20, 2024
- Ogden Marathon: May 18, 2024
- Little Red: June 1, 2024
- LoToJa: September 7, 2024
Don't see an event that interests you, but you still want to participate and fundraise for cancer research? Join the Huntsman Heroes as a Virtual Hero and choose an event that works for you!