Who are the Huntsman Heroes?
When you join the Huntsman Heroes team, you'll meet dedicated supporters and athletes of all levels, from Utah and beyond. Team members share the same commitment and goal: eradicating cancer from this earth. They train, fundraise, and participate in several partner events and Huntsman Cancer Foundation (HCF) signature events to make a meaningful impact in the fight against cancer. You can also join the Huntsman Heroes team as a Virtual Hero and participate in your own event, wherever you are, to fundraise for Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). One hundred percent of funds raised support the mission of HCI.
As a thank-you for your commitment and dedication to raising money for HCI, we will provide you with the following:
- No partner event fee: we cover costs with partner events
- Guaranteed event entry: skip the lottery—our team has guaranteed entry to events like Little Red Riding Hood and LoToJa
- Weekly trainings for running and cycling: meet with team coaches who set up training routes and provide course support
- Exclusive Huntsman Heroes team jersey: for those who raise at least $500
- Personal fundraising webpage: reach your fundraising goal by collecting and tracking donations online
- Additional fundraising incentives: team jackets, HCF bib shorts, and more!
- Finish line VIP tent (Salt Lake City Marathon, Ogden Marathon, and Little Red): celebrate your finish with food, drinks, and massages
As a member of the Huntsman Heroes team, you agree to raise a minimum amount based on your event and distance. Don’t worry, fundraising is easier than it seems! We have lots of tips and tools in our fundraising toolkit to help you go above and beyond your goal.
- 5Ks and 10Ks: $250 fundraising minimum
- Half-marathons, full marathons, and cycling events (excluding LoToJa): $500 fundraising minimum
- Relay: $500 fundraising minimum per relay rider
- Full distance: $1,000 fundraising minimum per cyclist
Note: Huntsman Cancer Foundation signature events (including Pink Park City and Huntsman SportsFest) don’t have minimum fundraising requirements to participate, but fundraising is always encouraged!